|Submitted by Debbie Seymour, Chamber Executive Director
The fun-filled North Shuswap Winter Festival on Family Day Weekend, February 16 and 17 is just two weeks away.
Across the North Shuswap, we will see bed races, curling, chili cook off, snow pitch, snow sculpting, skating, story telling, face painting, dancing and other entertaining activities for all ages.
Many individuals, organizations and businesses have joined with the North Shuswap Chamber to put the festival together. Each has taken on an event. We are so thankful for all the support from the community and looking forward to the weekend!
This amazing group has organized 13 events mostly throughout the North Shuswap. Most activities are all ages with the intent of providing inexpensive fun and festivities for our families and community.
…..read the whole story on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- Area F Director Jay Simpson planning a Town Hall Meeting – pg. 5
- Public Hearings for Scotch Creek Zoning Amendments – pg.6
- Board Approves Urgent Action Plan for Newsome Creek pg. 12
- Margaret Falls to Remain Closed until 2020 – pg. 15
Calendar of Events North Shuswap
- Winter Festival Feb 16, 17 – details on pg. 11
- Valentines Dinner & Dance at the Lakeview centre Feb 9
- Comedy Night Feb 1st and Sweet Soul Burlesque Feb 15 at the Hub
- Spring Market Feb 2 at Blind Bay Hall
- Chase Fish &Game Banquet Feb 2
- Shuswap Trail Alliance Fundraiser Feb 1
- ……Read details and more calendar of events on page 40
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is WEDNESDAY Feb136
We hit the stands on March 1st.
** For advertising info email email@example.com or call 250-955-0534
**Send your Letters to the Editor and article submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Classifieds can be sent to email@example.com
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker