|By Jo Anne Malpass
Shuswap Lake Provincial Park at Scotch Creek closed for the season two weeks early this year to make several improvements.
BC Parks staff told the Kicker the improvements include an increase to the number of campsites by approximately 50, providing electricity to some of the campsites, refurbishment and upgrades to water and septic systems, improvements to the Sani-station, replacement of the gatehouse, improvements to the entrance area for safety and entrance identification, an additional shower building and, due to heavy use, an improvement to the boat launch parking.
……Read more on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- Sockeye Exceed Expectations at Scotch Creek – pg. 3
- Lively Discussions at SWOA AGM – pg. 18
- Interior Health Investigates Information Breaches – pg. 20
- Wild Salmon Caravan Oct 12, starts at Roderick Haig 7am then off to Chase
- Chase Skate Park Grand Opening – Oct 14
- W.I.S.E. Women fundraising event at Finz Oct. 14
- Anglemont Ratepayers AGM Oct 23 7 pm at the Lakeview Centre
- Bazaar and Craft Sale at the Lakeview Oct 28
……Read more calendar of events on page 55
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is WEDNESDAY Oct. 18
We hit the stands on Nov. 3
** For advertising info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracy 250-955-0534
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker