|By Jo Anne Malpass
A steady stream of Scotch Creek residents attended an open house on July 26 to see the draft Scotch Creek Community Master Water Plan and share their views with Advisory Committee members, Columbia Shuswap Regional District representatives and Urban Systems.
The purpose of the open house was to provide information and gain feedback from the community about the current study, future water system, and potential funding application.
Residents started coming when the doors opened at 3:00 pm and continued throughout the evening. Opinions varied from “we can’t afford it” and “our water is fine” to “this is much needed” and “it would be great for Scotch Creek and the North Shuswap.” A system which provides safe and reliable drinking water, one that is affordable and financially sustainable and that has a high likelihood of government funding were chosen by those attending as the most important components of moving forward with the project.
…..read the whole story on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- Local Firefighters Save Magna Bay Houses – pg. 12
- Anglemont Golf Course Bylaw Amendments – Pg.17
- Shuswap Watershed Council releases new water quality report – pg. 19
- CBC Radio Interviews the Kicker – pg.20
Calendar of Events
- High Country Pottery Sale Aug 4,5 at Sorrento Memorial Hall
- Skwlax Pow Wow – Aug 10 -12 details on pg. 27
- Chase Fish and Game Open House Aug 12
- Chase Cornstock – Aug 14
- NimblefFingers Bluegrass and old time music festival Aug 25 at Sorrento Centre
- Live Music all summer – see details on pg. 71
- ……Read details and more calendar of events on page 81
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is WEDNESDAY Aug 15
We hit the stands on August 31st
** For advertising info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracy 250-955-0534
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker