|By Jo Anne Malpass
The Columbia Shuswap Regional District completed the purchase of a 1.08-acre property in Celista, which will be used as a waterfront park and boat launch.
Area F Director Larry Morgan said the property, located at 1946 Bristow Road, has 100 feet of waterfront which extends up to Squilax-Anglemont Road; and is next to an existing 66-foot lake access.
The purchase price was $1.125 million plus applicable taxes and fees, with 2/3rds or $739,000 of the money coming from the Area F Parkland Acquisition Reserve Fund and the rest, through internal borrowing over a five-year period.
The CSRD is now in the process of developing a plan for a boat launch equipped with parking, a vault toilet and a picnic area. The residential house on site will be boarded up and winterized. In the spring, a hazardous materials survey along with a demolition permit will be obtained for its removal.
……Read more on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- Ministry of Transportation issues non-conformance report. pg.5
- Chamber of Commerce – New President. pg. 12
- Hearing held for Magna Bay rezoning. Pg. 16
- Area F Parks updates. Pg.18
- Celista Hall Christmas Market – Dec 2
- Chase Country Christmas – Dec 1- 3
- North Shuswap Christmas Parade – Dec 8
- Lions Children’s Party and Kicker Colouring Contest – Dec 10
……Read more calendar of events on page 47
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 13
We hit the stands on January 5th.
** For advertising info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracy 250-955-0534
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker