|By Jo Anne Malpass
Remembrance Day is a time to commemorate the sacrifices made by Canadians in armed conflicts but Korean Veteran Bill McBride wants us also to remember the sacrifices made by their families.
Bill’s father left to serve overseas during WWII when Bill was nine years old. He would be gone for over five years. With limited income from the military, Bill’s mother raised four children. She took a job to supplement their income and with patriotism high at that time, also joined the Canadian Women’s Auxiliary Corp (CWAC) which enlisted several thousand women in support roles for the armed forces.
See more on the front page of this issue of the Kicker.
Larry Morgan Re-Elected by Acclamation – pg. 14
Area C Candidate comments – pg. 20
School Board Trustee – Pg. 21 & 25
Calendar of Events
- N. Shuswap Christmas Craft Fair – Nov 8
- Historic Chili Chase Challenge – Nov 8
- Blind Bay Christmas sale Nov 8,9
- S. Shuswap Chamber Home-based Business Expo – Nov 15
- Vote Nov 15
- Lions Club invites you! Nov 21. (Pg. 28)
- Sorrento Christmas sale – Nov22
- Chase Country Christmas Craft Fair – Nov23
-Blind Bay Crafty Christmas sale – Dec 4 – 7 (see pg. 32)
….more details and events on pg.72
Ad Deadline for next issue is Nov 21
We hit the stands on Dec 5