|By Jo Anne Malpass
Alexa Mayer will be competing in the international cheer division of The Summit at the ESPN Wide World of Sports at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida on May 3-4.
The 15-year-old North Shuswap resident joined the competitive cheerleading team at Interior Freeze Athletics in Kamloops last year and her group, Frost Bite for ages 12 to 18, was one of the three Freeze Athletics teams to quality to attend the Summit.
International division bids were offered at select Varsity All Star and partner events around the world. The team won its bid, an invitation to compete, at a competition in Vancouver this January. The team has also recently competed in Abbotsford, Tacoma and Richmond.
…..read the whole story on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- Wildfire and Flood review underway – pg. 8
- 6 building inspections required Area F – pg. 12
- Loretta Zinck Endowment Fund – pg. 30
- Letters to the Editor – pg. 38
- St. Patrick’s Day Irish Dinner March 17 at the Lakeview
- Historical photograph presentation March 25 at Celista Hall
- Ukrainian Dinner at NSCF church April 6
- Keg, Barrel & Plate March 17 at Blind Bay Memorial Hall
- Chase Curling Funspiel March 10
……Read details and more calendar of events on page 49
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is WEDNESDAY March 14
We hit the stands on MARCH 30.
** For advertising info email email@example.com or call Tracy 250-955-0534
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker