|By Jo Anne Malpass
Two unrelated afternoon fires in commercial buildings, both in the 3900 block of Scotch Creek, kept local fire fighters busy in May. The first one was on May 3 and is under investigation by Chase RCMP. The fire in the commercial building, where the Mighty Buck Dollar Store was located, was made more difficult for local fire departments because they couldn’t determine where the fire was burning. Scotch Creek/Lee Creek Fire Chief Mike Engholm said entrance to the building was blocked so they switched tactics and attacked it from the exterior. An adjoining open storage building was saved but the main building was destroyed.
…..read the whole story on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- Controversy Continues Around Biosolids in Turtle Valley pg. 11
- Grant Promotes Indigenous Culture in the Shuswap pg. 24
- Shuswap Community Foundation Joins National Challenge pg. 42
Calendar of Events North Shuswap
- Wine Stein Dine June 8 at Celista hall
- Lobster Dinner at NS Community Hall June 14
- Annual on the Water Father’s Day Poker Run June 26
- North Shuswap Summer Festival Weekend. June 28 – 30
- Canada Day celebrations at the Lakeview Centre in Anglemont and Blind Bay.
- ……Read details and more calendar of events on page 58
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is WEDNESDAY JUNE 12
We hit the stands on JUNE 28
** For advertising info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 250-955-0534
**Send your Letters to the Editor and article submissions to email@example.com
**Classifieds can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker