|By Darlene Koss, The Adams River Salmon Society
This is the year ~ 2018 ~ every 4 years is the dominant year for the Sockeye to return to their spawning grounds.
This year’s event for the Salute to the Sockeye will begin on Friday September 28 and will run through till Sunday October 21, with the Opening Ceremony taking place Sunday September 30 at 1:00pm.
Special Note from President Don Paterson: In addressing the concerns for the salmon, the whole community must assume responsibility for the response to the challenge. Everyone is in, no one is out. Please come to Tsútswecw Provincial Park to share your ideas and help call the salmon home.
…..read the whole story on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- CSRD Hears Opinions on Bristow Waterfront Park CBC Radio- Pg. 10
- Voting in BC Local Elections - Pg. 14
- Sewer System for Scotch Creek? – Pg.21
- Park Renamed Tsútswecw (formerly Roderick Haig-Brown Park) – pg. 36
Calendar of Events
- Improv Comedy Show at the Hub in Scotch Creek Sept.16
- Camp Grafton Children’s Festival Sept. 22, 10am to 3pm
- Salute to the Sockeye Festival Sept 28- Oct21
- Health Fair Scotch Creek Fire Hall – 10am to 3pm Oct 3
- ……Read details and more calendar of events on page 65
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is WEDNESDAY Sept 19
We hit the stands on October 5
** For advertising info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracy 250-955-0534
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker