|By Jo Anne Malpass
Tod Wilson is one of the many volunteers on the North Shuswap who lift our community, he has served as president of the North Shuswap Community Association for the past two years.
National Volunteer Week, April 7 – 13, is a time to celebrate and thank Canada’s 12.7 million volunteers. This year's theme is “The Volunteer Factor – Lifting Communities.” The Volunteer Factor celebrates and recognizes the exponential impact of volunteers and how they lift our communities.
When asked why he volunteers, Tod jokes there is an invisible V on the forehead of people who volunteer, “it’s a brand you can’t get rid of.” He has been volunteering for as long as he can remember and credits his mom and dad, who were always involved in church and lodge. Coming from a big family, he said, you learn how important it is to help family and others.
…..read the whole story on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- Bristow Boat Launch Update pg. 7
- ACCIONA Canada Road Contract Okanagan-Shuswap pg. 8
- Reibrecht Serving His Sentence. Pg. 13
- Future Priorities discussed at Town Hall Meeting – pg. 14
Calendar of Events North Shuswap
- Lakeview Community Centre Spring Cleanup April 12
- Northern Shuswap Community Hall Clean-up April 14
- Comedy Night at the Hub April 14
- Works in Glass Easter Egg Hunt Shuswap Lake Provincial Park – April 21
- Sorento Lions Easter Egg Hunt Sorrento/Blind Bay park April 21
- ……Read details and more calendar of events on page 49
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is WEDNESDAY April 17
We hit the stands on May 3rd.
** For advertising info email email@example.com or call 250-955-0534
**Send your Letters to the Editor and article submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Classifieds can be sent to email@example.com
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker