|By Jo Anne Malpass
Electors of Electoral Area ‘F’ North Shuswap will be going to the polls on October 20 to elect a new director to the Columbia Shuswap Regional District Board.
There are two candidates for the position, Will Hansma of Spallumcheen, BC/Seymour Arm residential property owner and Jay Simpson of Lee Creek.
One of the candidates will become the next elected official, “entrusted with making decisions that directly affect the daily lives of residents, families, local business owners and many others in the community,” says the CSRD candidate information. The position is a four-year term, November 2018 to October 2022.
The North Shuswap Chamber of Commerce is hosting a candidate’s forum on October 10, starting at 7:00 pm at the North Shuswap Community Hall in Celista. This is a chance for the community to meet the candidates and learn their positions on issues affecting the North Shuswap.
…..read the whole story on the front page of this issue of the Kicker
In other news….
- New Program to Reduce Wildfire Risk, Impact – pg. 6
- Area F Candidate Questions and Answers – pg. 11
- Salute to the Sockeye Opens – pg. 17
Calendar of Events North Shuswap
- Candidates Forum NS Community Hall Oct. 10
- General Election Voting Day Oct. 20
- Halloween Parties at Scotch Creek Fire Hall, Lakeview Centre and the Hub
- ……Read details and more calendar of events on page 55
** Having a hard time reading this version of the Kicker?
Click on “past issues” for a pdf. version
Ad Deadline for next issue is WEDNESDAY Oct 17
We hit the stands on Nov 2
** For advertising info email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tracy 250-955-0534
Check the Kicker out on Facebook
Go to www.facebook.com/shuswapkicker